To quote the Staples commercial, "That was easy."
9. Healthy cows are contented cows. High-quality milk comes from healthy cows, and my farmer works hard to make sure his girls eat well, drink well, sleep well, walk well . . . ok, that they do everything well!
8. Dairies = jobs. Grandpa milked his five cows by hand each day, but today's dairies allow for more people to get involved in getting milk safely to your house. Whether it's mixing feed rations, cultivating the crops, paying the bills or herding cows into the milk parlor, where milk goes, jobs are right behind!
7. That Greek yogurt you smothered in granola for breakfast? Dairy.
6. Milk. Here in Missouri, the average dairy cow produces about 4.7 gallons of milk per day. That's more than 1,705 gallons of milk over the course of a typical year. Somebody give those girls a high five!
5. And not just milk, but safe milk! Our dairy gets inspected more often than a Panera kitchen. In fact, milk and dairy food undergo about 17 government-required (or voluntary industry) safety checks from the time the cows are milked to when the bottle arrived on your table. Read more here.
3. Dairy can be a source of great jokes. Q: Why should you never tell a cow a secret? A: It will just go in one ear and out the udder.
One more? Ok, you twisted my arm.
Q: What do cows do online? A: They instant moo-sage each other.
1. Chocolate milk. Could there be any other number 1? I think not. Have you tried chocolate milk? It's like dessert in a bottle! Aaaaand it's got nine essential nutrients to boot. Where I come from--ok, Iowa--we call that a win-win.
And Blackjack agrees.
The reasons to love dairy don't end here. Check out more reasons to show dairy some love from Midwest Dairy Association.